Steps to send emails and attachments
One of the primary uses of your Hotmail account is the instant email messaging. Follow the below mentioned steps to start with your free email service.
- Sign in to your Hotmail account from Hotmail.com.
- Once you are logged in, you will land on the homepage of your account. It would feature your inbox.
- On the top bar you will see a link that says “New” with a plus symbol. Click on this option to compose a new mail.
- Next, you will be taken to your mailing page where you can see your first name and last name on the top. It is the same name you had entered while creating the account. Below that you can see your email address. Your receiver will get both these information when you send the mail.
- Next, you have a slot that says “To”. In this slot you have to punch in the email ID of the recipient of the mail. Enter the full email address with the domain name.
- Once you have entered an email ID you can add another mail ID after hitting the enter button. Your Hotmail would take up as many mail IDs as you want.
- Next is the subject line. Place your cursor on the subject line and start typing the subject of your mail. The subject line would appear in the recipient’s inbox along with your name.
- Next, you have to begin with the matter of your mail. You have multiple options to edit the content of your mail by using different fonts, colors and font sizes.
- You can enter smileys by clicking on the smiley icon on the editing bar of your mail message window. There are multiple emoticons to choose from the list. Depending on the version of the Outlook account you are using the editing bar would be placed on the top or bottom of the message window.
- On the menu bar you have the option of “Insert” which you can use if you want to attach any documents or photos or media files to your mail. Click on the insert button and you will get a list of options to choose from. Select the option “attachments” to attach a file saved on your computer.
- Once you click on the attachment you get a new window to locate the file in your PC. Select the file and click on ‘open’ to upload the attachment.
- You can also attach files from other applications like Bing by selecting the option given.
- If you do not want to send the mail right away, click on the option “Save draft”. You can re-edit your mail anytime by opening it from the Drafts folder and send it as per your need.
- Once you send the mail, it would be moved from the Drafts folder to your “Sent” folder.
Hotmail account is a free mailing service that allows you to send mails, messages and to co-ordinate with various Microsoft services. You can also integrate your Hotmail account with Xbox Live, Bing, MSN, Skype, Store and OneDrive. If you have just signed up a new Hotmail account, you can start using it and experience the advantages of its multiple features and facilities.